Automatically Crack All Wi-Fi Routers WEP Key’s With Only 30 Seconds worth of Work
There are many ways of cracking WEP keys and gaining access to Wi-Fi access points. I don’t recommend doing this unless you have permission to do so from the owners of those access points.
The method that I’ve used for years was to use a combination of tools that are included in BackTrack. These tools include airmon-ng, airodump-ng, aireplay-ng and of course aircrack-ng. Although this is an excellent way of doing this, if you haven’t done it this way I would highly recommend learning how to do it this way however, this method will not be covered in this tutorial. Lifehacker.com however does have an excellent article on this method that I highly recommend reading at some point.
Things you’ll need:
- You’ll need to have Backtrack installed and running. I highly recommend running it virtually using VirtualBox. If you haven’t done this part yes, check out my article on How to install Backtrack with VirtualBox.
- You’ll need a Wi-Fi card that supports packet injection. If you don’t have one, get one. The one I use is the Medialink- 150Mbps Wireless N USB Adapter from amazon. It was like $15 when I bought it but the prices fluctuate.
- Download AutoCrack form Google Code. Copy the autocrack.sh file to the root directory.
Now here’s how to do it:
- Open up terminal
- Open the file by type “bash autocrack4.4.sh” and hit enter. When I downloaded autocrack, it was on 4.4, so you may need to adjust this to whatever your filename is.
- Lean back in your chair and watch autocrack do it’s thing.
Autocrack is an awesome application that automatically detects your wifi card, finds all of the wifi access points in the area and automatically starts cracking all of their WEP keys. I told you it was simple, but you didn’t believe me.